I purchased a Full Apollo Package with 2 Standard Apollo ASIC miners. The setup looks like the picture below. I'm not getting rich, but I am making a small contribution to the crypto community. Beyond the hype and headlines is a simple but empowering philosophy: decentralization. FutureBit likely appeals to customers who care about things like the number of independent bitcoin nodes.
There are cheaper ways to create your own BTC node; I have one running on a Raspberry Pi. Somehow, the Apollo feels like it will still be mining BTC a very long time from now. The remaining bitcoins are predicted to all be mined by 2140. Ok, maybe not that long.
In addition to the 44 ASIC Cores, Apollo has six CPU cores. That means you can run it as a desktop computer. Most importantly, I can plug it into a standard 110V power outlet (make sure you buy the FutureBit power supply). Nearly every other ASIC miner out there requires a 220V outlet which is not standard in America and typically only used for ovens and washing machines. It's the only product of its kind and made in the United States.
If you want to be a part of the crypto movement but you're not super technical, this is one way to get started. Check it out at futurebit.io.
For a full review, check out the new review from VoskCoin.
- Compact All-In-One Desktop Bitcoin System (4x6x4in) that mines Bitcoin and any SHA256 based crypto (Bitcoin Cash etc).
- Powerful 6 ARM Core CPU with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 1TB NVMe SSD (NOT included in the Standard or Standard + package).
- Comes Pre-Installed with a Bitcoin node, and you can install almost any Bitcoin Application
- Very wide range of operation modes with preset ECO (quiet) mode, BALANCED, and TURBO mode.
- 2-3.8 TH/s of SHA256 performance per miner (+/- 5%)
- 125 Watts in ECO mode, and 200 Watts in TURBO * +/- 10%
- Can be used as a full Desktop computer with a monitor keyboard and mouse (not included), or through our Web UI
- Connect almost any peripheral with our USB 3.0 ports, USB C port, HDMI, AC Wifi, and Bluetooth
- Clocks and Power is fully customizable by user with easy to use interface
- Hashboard now monitors both voltage and power draw for accurate measurements*
- Custom designed cold forged hexagonal pin heatsink with leading thermal performance for the quietest ASIC miner in operation!
- 1k-5k RPM Quiet Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor
- Controlled via local connection on a web browser similar to antminers. You can simply set it up via smartphone browser. No crazy driver installs, hard to use miner software or scripts needed.
- Two Six Pin PCIE power connectors for wide-range of power draw
- Custom Designed all Aluminum case
- Ships with our own custom built 200W 94% efficient PSU and is ready to run out of the box! (Does NOT come with Standard package).